5.23.2009

mercy


mercy
music: Dick Lee
lyrics: Thomas Chow
arrangement: Terry Chan

the umbrella in my heart
has been tugged rigorously in the storm
while the rain is pouring down

I quietly say a prayer
for the nights I was lost
in drunken solitude

distort my vision
arouse my desires
the wine is flowing down
who will take away my long lonely nights
I hope for an amnesty
who is willing to render me

mercy mercy me! (mercy)
mercy mercy me! (mercy)
mercy mercy me
oh let my heart grow wild
oh let my heart grow wild tonight (for one night)
mercy! mercy

I don't want to hide
there is also a tug of war in my heart
which silently cascades

I hold fast my umbrella
standing in the rain to watch vehicles racing by
and spend my night as such

impair my vision
put off the imbalance
my heart is now withering
it cannot grow wild temporarily
I hope for an amnesty
can someday somebody render me

every night what has been tangling me
is actually my own self
I'll wait for a night that I can be wild again
tonight I only want to stay in the wind and sigh
exhausted, yet I still can't forget the nights being wild


translation: memories.blossom@gmail.com

________________________

心野夜
曲: Dick Lee

詞: 周禮茂

編: Terry Chan


心中雨遮 被猛風肆意拉扯 雨傾瀉

心中暗奢 是我失去那一些 獨醉夜


歪曲我視野 帶動我的邪

酒也在流射 漫長夜誰願轉借 ?

只奢盼特赦 誰人願意賒 ?


Mercy Mercy Me! (Mercy!)

Mercy Mercy Me! (Mercy!)

Mercy Mercy Me!

准我又准我又心野

准我再心野在這 (某) 夜

(Mercy, Mercy)


不想掩遮 在我心也有拉扯 暗傾瀉

撐起雨遮 在雨中看看飛車 渡這夜


萎縮了視野 撲滅了傾斜

心也在零謝 暫時未能又心野

只奢盼特赦 來日為我賒


夜夜在纏住我 這個它卻也是我

等等等只等一晚給我再度野

這晚卻願獨留在風中心輕嗟

疲倦但也但也未忘心野夜

No comments: